…is through his stomach, I hear. And for future reference, it’s one of the ways to mine too 🙂
But I digress.
Never hurts to learn a thing or two in the kitchen. So, to double the impact and cut down on the effort, I shall share my culinary masterpieces with you. Emphasize on MY culinary masterpieces here. That pretty much translates to not eating a turkey burger for dinner 4 days in a row. I’m tagging these posts a Way to A Man’s Heart. WAMH.
So, I took a recipe and altered it a bit and here’s the outcome. CheezYUM!
Total Time: 30 mins
Makes ’bout 4-5 servings.
- 1 med chopped onion
- 1 small potato – peeled and cubed
- 2 large broccoli bunches
- 2 cups chicken broth
- S&P to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4ish cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cheese to sprinkle on the top
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in EVOO over medium heat until tender.
- Add potatoes+ broth. Increase to med-high heat.
- When it starts to boil, add brocoli. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Optional: Cool. Blend to a chunky consistency.
- Return to pot. S&P to taste. Reheat if necessary.
- In a new pot melt butter. Add flour. Stir for 3-5 minutes until the flour starts to smell nutty.
- Add milk. Wisk away til smooth.
- Add cheese a little bit at a time until fully incorporated. Keep stirring until smooth.
- Once its a smooth sauce, add the broccoli soup you made.