Well, technically the Spring Equinox has already passed but we’re a little behind in the spring feels here in Seattle.
Good thing, because my behind has grown more than a little over the long winter months! It’s almost time for shorts, summer dresses, and tank tops. Eek!
Here’s the super delicious, colorful salad I’ll be chomppin’ on this week to get me in the spring mindset. And/or summer dress ready 🙂
Kale, Cranberry, Chickpea, and Edamame Salad
Adapted From: Shockingly Delicious
Dressing: Add all ingredients to mason jar and shake-shake-shake.
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 4 tbs EVOO
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp dried Italian herb blend
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
Salad: Add all ingredients into large salad bowl. Toss.
- 4c Tuscan kale (remove ribs, they’re tough!), cut into long thin, strips
- 1/2 can chickpeas
- 1/3 c dried cranberries
- 1/2 c edamame beans
- Carrot shreds
- Add dressing to your salad bowl. Toss.
- S&P to your taste
- Original recipe calls for mint and basil but I had neither and the salad was still tasty! I ate with a cup of peppermint tea instead.
- Kale is super resilient and holds it shape even after after being dressed. I jarred a salad and ate it the next day and it was just as lovely!
- Optional topping: grated parmesan.
Hooray for Spring!